INFORMATION WE COLLECT
How we collect and store information depends on how you access and use the Platform. We collect information in multiple ways including when you provide information directly to us, when you permit third parties to provide information to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as information collected from your browser or device.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use or access of the Platform, such as:
- When you sign up for an Account
- When you submit a recommendation for your pros
- When you comment on other people’s recommendation
- When you fill out any forms
- When you create a group to share your recommendations
- When you enter a contest, marketing campaign, or register for a promotion
- When you transmit User Content
- When you otherwise communicate with us or other users through the Platform
- When you enroll for electronic newsletters
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to:
- email address
- telephone numbers (home, business, mobile)
Information related to the groups that you create to share recommended pros
- Name of the group
- Type and location of the group
- Group members email to invite
information related to the pros that you recommend - e.g.
- pro’s name
- phone number
- project they did for you
- recommendation about their work
- location of the project
- media files such as pictures, audio or video.
Information from Affiliates, Social Networking Sites, and other Non-affiliated Third Parties
We may collect information about you or others through Recommended affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For example, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or Twitter. If you access the Platform through your Social media account, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your profile. This may include your name, picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends or connections, location, date of birth, email address, photos, videos, people you follow and/or who follow you, and/or your posts or "likes."
Social networking sites, such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or Twitter, have their own policies for handling your information. For a description of how these sites may use and disclose your information including any information you make public, please consult the sites' privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected
Device/Usage Information. Location Information. Based on your IP address, we may collect information regarding your location so that we can best recommend professionals in your neighborhood
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies.
“Web Beacons” (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our services, to monitor how many visitors view our services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
HOW Recommended USES THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to share your recommended pros with your friend, family, coworkers, neighbors or any connections (community) on the platform;
- To enable you to communicate with other pros or users on the platform;
- To provide you with the highly recommended pros referred by your community
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- To periodically send promotional emails regarding new products from Recommended, special offers from Recommended, or other information that may interest you;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested;
- With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you;
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform.
- We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide. To opt-out of email communications, contact us at [email protected]
WHEN Recommended DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share any personal information that we have collected from or regarding you except with your consent or as described below:
Our Service Providers. We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the services. These third-party services providers have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your personal information for any other purpose.
Affiliates; Business Transactions. We may share your information with any Recommended affiliates. In addition, information that we collect from our users, including personal information, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your personal information, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information when required by law or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive; (b) establish or exercise our legal rights including enforcing and administering agreements with users; or (c) defend Recommended against legal claims.
App Store Providers. We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers (for example, the Apple App Store) to allow you to download our mobile apps.
Research and Analysis. We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Please be advised that some information you provide will be publicly accessible. For instance, registration for an Account requires that you provide us with your name. If you register through Facebook, the Platform will use the name associated with your Facebook account. Your name (full name, or in some instances, your first name and last initial) may be visible to other users. Depending on the circumstances, your name may be attached to your Content or information, such as recommendations, comments, messaging or your profile information. Certain other people, including other users with whom you have interacted via the Platform, will see information about you that is attached to your name.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your personal information to us, we may transfer your personal information to the United States and process it there.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS