Why is it important?
Learn all the basics of crochet, from how to hold the yarn and hook to crocheting all the basic stitches, including chain stitches, slip stitches, single crochet, half-double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, clusters, shells and even post stitches.
In this class, you'll learn:
- All about different yarns, crochet hooks and basic notions
- How to comfortably hold a crochet hook and the yarn
- Tips to working a chain loosely
- Basic stitches, including chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half-double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, shells, clusters and post stitches
- How to work in rows and rounds
- How to increase and decrease
- How to crochet a basic motif for creating a baby blanket or afghan
As you follow along with Ellen, you'll crochet five attractive, beginner-level crochet projects using basic crochet stitches and techniques.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content.